GREETINGS FROM OUR VOCATION TEAM
Welcome! We are delighted that you have found our congregation’s website and hope you find the information here helpful.
Our assignment as a Vocation Team is a great grace. We thank God for the opportunity to work with one another and with the Holy Spirit as we speak with young women who are searching to know God’s plan for their lives. This restless search for a deeper meaning in life is one that confronts us all. Does one actually hear the voice of God? That would be nice, but not often does this happen. Sometimes it’s just a gentle whisper in your heart, a reoccurring thought, a suggestion or an invitation from someone. Each sister in the Vocation Team has a story of her own about how she has encountered the “voice of God” that has lead her on a remarkable and exciting journey with the Lord.
As a result, we hope to be of assistance to you as you discern and discover the plan of God for your life. As you begin your search for God and his Will, you may be surprised as to where He may lead you. Our suggestion in discerning God’s will is to be open and to surrender to Him—all your hopes, desires, and dreams—and allow Him to lead you on this journey of love. Truly, the Lord wants to lead you only to true love, happiness, fulfillment and fullness of joy.
If you sense a gentle whisper in your heart, had a reoccurring thought about religious life, encountered a suggestion or an invitation from someone, we invite you to contact our Vocation Team- call 504-486-0039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that we are here and are more than happy to listen to your thoughts and answer any questions you may have. We are happy to assist you in any way we can.
Please be assured of our prayers for you in your discernment.
Yours in Christ and our Lady of the Holy Rosary
Stages of Formation to become a Rosarian Sister
1. Inquiry: The young woman between the ages of 17 – 30 makes initial contact with the community, either in person or by phone, letter, e-mail, or the website. The candidate speaks with the Vocation Director.
2. Aspirancy: A young woman's discern-ment with the community begins with a 12-month aspirancy. If the time of aspirancy leads the young woman and the formation directors to believe that she has a potential call to this community, she is then admitted to postulancy.
3. Postulancy: After a simple entrance ceremony in which a uniform is given to the postulant, she begins a year of immersion into the life of her new religious family. The postulant receives the guidance of the Director of Postulants, who guides her to grow in virtue and self-knowledge.
4. Novitiate: At the end of postulancy, the postulant receives the Rosarian habit with a white veil and a religious name. As a novice, she enters into a period of theological, philosophical, ascetical and spiritual formation under the guidance of the Director of Novices. At the end of the two years, the sister takes the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience for one year.
5. Years of Initial Profession: At First Profession, the sister exchanges her white veil for a black one, symbolic of conversion, penance, and consecration to God. She continues her formation in the theology of consecration, of mission, and of the ecclesial dimension of religious life.
6. Perpetual Profession : After a minimum of six years in vows, the sister makes her perpetual profession; she promises for life to live in chastity, poverty and obedience, according to the Constitutions of the Daughters of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
Come and See!
A Come and See is designed for participants who wish to discern the Rosarian vocation.
Participants will be introduced to a variety of experiences of the Rosarian Call by living with the Sisters and joining in the Sister’s daily schedule of prayer and communal activities.
In addition, participants will attend and engage in learning sessions designed to explore the Rosarian vocation in the context of today’s world.
We await and welcome you to experience the Rosarian Call.
We invite single, young women between the ages of 17-30 to contact us.
For more information, please contact:
FMSR Vocation Team
1492 Moss Street,
New Orleans, LA 70119
Summer Come & See Dates
Every second week of June - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Need another date?
Contact our Vocation Team at: