I heard an inner voice saying:
“…I need you.”
1. What drew you to religious life? Eucharistic Adoration and my desire to serve others.
2. What is your favorite way to pray? Lying prostrate before Jesus’ presence in the Blessed Sacrament and singing hymns.
3. What is your most faith-filled memorable event?
On the occasion of “Come and See” in 2011, Sister Sandy took our group to attend Sunday mass at St. Louis Cathedral in downtown New Orleans. During the money collection, I was about to offer some money. However, the usher passed by me and I was unable to do so. At that moment, I heard an inner voice saying, “I don’t need your money; I need you.” I was deeply touched. That moment of grace changed my perspective about life and impelled me to discern my religious vocation.
4. What is the best part about living in community? Like a puzzle, our differences and talents connect us together. We share what we have and learn from each other. Community life is always exciting!
5. What do you do for fun? I play different musical instruments!
6. People would be surprised to learn that… I have two saint names: Mary and Peter when I was baptized.
7. What gives you hope about religious life?
Love. To be loved and to love.
8. What would you like to say to young people who are thinking about religious life?
Be courageous and never let fear stop you from giving God a chance. He’s waiting for you. Come, follow Him!
Songs: When I Look Into Your Holiness
by Wayne & Cathy Perrin
You Are Mine by David Haas
10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman & Steve Angrisano
Book: The Bible
The Inner Voice of Love by Henri Nouwen
Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul
by Maria Faustina Kowalska
Bible Verse: Remain in my love. (Jn. 15:9)
Give thanks to the Lord whose love endures forever” (Psalm 118:29)
Inspirational Prayers: Hail Mary, St. Augustine’s Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Movie: Nàng Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the Palace) or any educational movie
Food: Bún bò, bún mọc, bún riêu and all kinds of noodles
Fruit: All fruits
Color: Light yellow
Place: Quiet and peaceful place, green pastures